The 9th Annual ED Games Expo will occur September 19-22, 2023 in-person at the Kennedy Center REACH and locations across Washington, DC, and through a livestreamed virtual event on September 21.
The ED Games Expo is the annual public showcase of game-changing education technology (EdTech) innovations created through more than 50 programs at the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), the U.S. Department of Education (ED), and across government. The multi-day event engages a broad audience, including EdTech developers and researchers, organizations across the education ecosystem, students and educators, members of the public including families and children, and representatives and leaders from Federal agencies and offices.
Expo highlights include:
- ED Games Expo for Schools – 48 DC-area classrooms and approximately 1,000 students from grades 1 to 12 will attend engaging learning sessions and test out the EdTech innovations in a hands-on environment (September 20, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
- ED Games Expo for the Public – Tabletop demonstrations of EdTech products led by 140+ teams of government-funded innovators plus a series of presentations and performances by guests like Theo and Cleo from Between the Lions, PBS Kids, Filament Games with Roblox, Future Engineers with EXPLR Media, Muzology with industry artist Adara, and many more! (September 20, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM)
- IES Innovation Day – Sessions on IES investments in transformative education research, scaling, and modernizing the R&D infrastructure (September 21, 9:00 AM – 3:15 PM)
- Expo Office Hours – Representatives from 30+ government offices and research/ education organizations will be available to meet with developers and researchers to discuss funding opportunities and new initiatives (September 21, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Showcase Events – Convenings organized by representatives across government on topics in EdTech innovation for special education, school mental health, citizen science, civics, early learning, XR, AI, and more! (September 19 to 22, various times)
- Science is Cool (SciC) Virtual Unconference – A livestreamed event presenting a series of engaging interviews with the developers from the Expo and ED leaders intended for a national audience of science educators and anyone interested in emerging forms of EdTech (September 21, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
There is no cost to attend the Expo.See the ED Games Expo Agenda for more information including registering for other events.
- CLICK HERE to register to attend the ED Games Expo for the Public on September 20 from 5:30PM to 8:30PM.
- CLICK HERE to register for IES Innovation Day & the Expo Office Hours on September 21 from 9AM to 6:00PM.
- CLICK HERE to register to join the Science is Cool livestreamed event from the ED Games Expo on September 21 from Noon to 5PM.
Please contact EDGamesExpo@ed.gov for more information.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington, DC and online during the livestreamed SciC event!
The IES team leading the 2023 ED Games Expo includes Ed Metz, Erin Higgins, Alice Kinney, and Laurie Hobbs.